- Compliance Supervisor
Specialism / Function
Grant Thornton Cambodia is an independent member within Grant Thornton International and a wholly foreign-owned company. Grant Thornton’s presence in Cambodia first started in 2004. A recent reorganisation incorporated the expertise of Grant Thornton Malaysia to expand the service lines to meet the increasing demand for quality audit and advisory services of local business and international investors in Cambodia.
Grant Thornton has offices in more than 140 countries worldwide and over 56,000 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a high calibre talented professional to manage a Client portfolio and oversee the provision of the high quality for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services.
As a member firm of one of the largest Professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton Cambodia continuously requires high calibre talented personnel to join our growing team.
We are urgently looking for a
Compliance Supervisor – 1 Position
The Compliance supervisor must be an expert in translating financial statements, reports, correspondences and other government issued laws, from Khmer to English and vice versa. Hence, he/she must possess an understanding of compliance standards and policies, regulatory issues, operations and procedures as they relate to an accounting firm.
- Reviews and checks translated financial reports
- Translates financial statements, reports, prakas, and other government issued laws, from Khmer to English and vice versa
- Reviews the Firm’s compliance with laws and local regulations and member firm obligations
- Creates and implements effective action plans in response to review discoveries and compliance issues
- Regularly reviews company procedures, practices and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks
- Assesses the Firm’s operations to determine compliance risk
- Ensure all the Firm’s staff are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- Reports to divisional managers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management
- Has completed a University degree: preferably major in Accounting, or Business Administration or any other related field.
- Fluent in both Khmer and English, both spoken and written; additional language is a plus
- 2 to 3 years of experience both in compliance work and reviewing and translating financial statements is an advantage.
- Familiar with accounting industry practices and professional standards
- Has good interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses integrity and follows professional ethics
- Has attention to details
- Has the ability to multi-task and work with minimum supervision
- Name your file with quoting reference: Application – Compliance Supervisor
- Deadline is on May 13, 2021
- Application and CV to be sent to: email@example.com