Specialism / Function
Audit & assurance
Audit assistant manager, Audit senior associate, Audit associate
Grant Thornton Cambodia is an independent member within Grant Thornton International and a wholly foreign-owned company. Grant Thornton’s presence in Cambodia first started in 2004. A recent reorganisation incorporated the expertise of Grant Thornton Malaysia to expand the service lines to meet the increasing demand for quality audit and advisory services of local business and international investors in Cambodia.
Grant Thornton has offices in more than 140 countries worldwide and over 56,000 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a high calibre talented professional to manage a Client portfolio and oversee the provision of the high quality for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services.
As a member firm of one of the largest Professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton Cambodia continuously requires high calibre talented personnel to join our growing team.
Audit Senior Associates
- Assists Managers and Partners during the Engagement acceptance, re-acceptance procedures and draft Engagement Proposals
- Provides input and works closely with Engagement manager in planning and scheduling work to be done on assigned Engagements
- Helps identify potential audit and assurance Clients or identifies any potential additional services from existing Clients
- Supervises staff working under him/her and reviews work done by Associates
- Promptly notifies the Engagement Partner and/or Manager of any problems involving technical, administrative, or personnel matters which need action at a higher level and offers alternative solutions
- Supervises the work of the Associates and ensures that work done is consistent with the work programmes
- Liaises with Client’s management to ensure the smooth flow of work and help ensure that good working relationship is maintained at all times
- Conducts job evaluations and provide feedback to all Associates in a timely manner
- Performs such other duties necessary to ensure that the audit work is completed with the quality consistent with GT standards.
- Education: University degree preferably in Auditing/ Accounting or business related fields
- Special license/certificate: Either holds a current and valid ACCA/CPA's certificate, or be working toward obtaining the certificates by taking and passing the applicable state ACCA/CPA exams
- Experience: 2-3 years in audit field
- Knowledge in IFRS and IFRS for SMEs
- Proficiency in the use of computers and the basic and most commonly known applications and tools
- Experience in financial institutions is an added advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Ability to speak Chinese, Japanese or other languages is an added advantage
- Proactive in seeking knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Contact for submission:
Please email us your CV and Cover Letter in English to the following email address by 06 February 2021
People & Culture Department
(Successful applicants will be invited for Test & interviews)
- Performs audit work in Client’s office for audit areas assigned to him/her; follows audit techniques suggested by assistant managers/senior associate and considers work paper documentation required by assistant managers/senior associate in documenting the audit work done.
- Reports to assistant managers/senior associate any audit/accounting issues noted for a Client and discusses/proposes alternative solutions to the issue noted.
- Ensures that all overtime work is pre-approved by assistant managers/senior associate by completing an overtime form sheet
- Resolves all review notes of audit partner/manager/assistant manager/senior associate
- Documents all audit procedures performed before signing off on the audit programme
- Ensures that the audit work is completed with the quality consistent with GT standards within time budget prepared by supervisor/senior
- Provides miscellaneous assistance to higher-level personnel in the preparation of Proposals or in various other projects
- Provides explanations and on-the-job training to assistants with less experience
- Performs clerical duties related to Engagements such as requisitioning supplies needed by Engagement team for fieldwork and organizing paper work files prior to review by higher-level personnel or before filing
- Conducts himself/herself professionally and liaises with Client’s middle management for smooth flow of audit work
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Client
- Education: University degree preferably in Auditing/ Accounting or business-related fields
- Special license/certificate: Either holds a current and valid ACCA/CPA's certificate or be working toward obtaining the certificates by taking and passing the applicable state ACCA/CPA exams
- Fresh graduate or minimum 1 year of recent external audit service, and dealing in teamwork
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Internet searching skill
- Good comment in English
Deadline for submission of CV: 06 February 2021
Senior IT Audit
- Assist audit manager for IT audit work such as prepare audit planning, audit scope, audit testing procedure plan
- Responsible for control testing and evaluated client’s internal control including identify control weakness, impact analysis and define compensation control/procedure
- Communicate IT audit finding and prepare audit reports to audit manager
- Develop and update audit work programs/checklists
- Manage the timeframe for each audit engagement as agreed to achieve the audit plan
- Monitor and evaluate progress of assistant
- Provide training and coaching to assistants
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in information technology/management information system or related degree.
- Good understanding of internal control, process and risk analysis, IT security and Application control knowledge
- Concepts and knowledge of IT security standards and frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, CIS ISO/IEC 27000 series
- Knowledge or experience of IT operation, IT networking, IT security and IT system
- (such as server, database, firewall, network, software, hardware and core banking system knowledge is an advantage)
- Experience at least 2 years in IT audit or IT security
- Good written and spoken English, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multi-task, work under pressure and less supervision
Contact for submission:
Please email us your CV and Cover Letter in English to the following email address by 31 Jan 2021
People & Culture Department