- Audit associates
Specialism / Function
Audit & assurance
Grant Thornton Cambodia is an independent member within Grant Thornton International and a wholly foreign-owned company. Grant Thornton’s presence in Cambodia first started in 2004. A recent reorganisation incorporated the expertise of Grant Thornton Malaysia to expand the service lines to meet the increasing demand for quality audit and advisory services of local business and international investors in Cambodia.
Grant Thornton has offices in more than 135 countries worldwide and over 50,000 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a high calibre talented professional to manage a Client portfolio and oversee the provision of the high quality for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services.
As a member firm of one of the largest Professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton Cambodia continuously requires high calibre talented personnel to join our growing team.
- Performs audit work in Client’s office for audit areas assigned to him/her; follows audit techniques suggested by assistant managers/senior associate and considers work paper documentation required by assistant managers/senior associate in documenting the audit work done.
- Reports to assistant managers/senior associate any audit/accounting issues noted for a Client and discusses/proposes alternative solutions to the issue noted.
- Ensures that all overtime work is pre-approved by assistant managers/senior associate by completing an overtime form sheet
- Resolves all review notes of audit partner/manager/assistant manager/senior associate
- Documents all audit procedures performed before signing off on the audit programme
- Ensures that the audit work is completed with the quality consistent with GT standards within time budget prepared by supervisor/senior
- Provides miscellaneous assistance to higher-level personnel in the preparation of Proposals or in various other projects
- Provides explanations and on-the-job training to assistants with less experience
- Performs clerical duties related to Engagements such as requisitioning supplies needed by Engagement team for fieldwork and organizing paper work files prior to review by higher-level personnel or before filing
- Conducts himself/herself professionally and liaises with Client’s middle management for smooth flow of audit work
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Client
- Education: University degree preferably in Auditing/ Accounting or business-related fields
- Special license/certificate: Either holds a current and valid ACCA/CPA's certificate or be working toward obtaining the certificates by taking and passing the applicable state ACCA/CPA exams
- Fresh graduate or minimum 1 year of recent external audit service, and dealing in teamwork
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Internet searching skill
- Good comment in English
Deadline for submission of CV: 22 October 2020