- Audit manager
Specialism / Function
Audit & assurance
Grant Thornton Cambodia is an independent member within Grant Thornton International and a wholly foreign-owned company. Grant Thornton’s presence in Cambodia first started in 2004. A recent reorganisation incorporated the expertise of Grant Thornton Malaysia to expand the service lines to meet the increasing demand for quality audit and advisory services of local business and international investors in Cambodia.
Grant Thornton has offices in more than 135 countries worldwide and over 50,000 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a high calibre talented professional to manage a Client portfolio and oversee the provision of the high quality for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services.
As a member firm of one of the largest Professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton Cambodia continuously requires high calibre talented personnel to join our growing team.
- Works closely with the Partners in ensuring that Firm resources are used or applied properly ensuring acceptable level of staff utilisation
- Assist the Partners in the preparation of the department’s annual revenue budgets and in the formulation of strategies to meet said revenue budget
- Assist the Partner in drawing up the Department’s calendar to ensure the even distribution of work and staff assignments throughout the year
- Initiates and supervises the preparation of Engagement Proposals and Engagement Letters
- Assists the Partners in the Engagement Acceptance process or Engagement re-acceptance process
- Initiates Engagement planning activities and ensures that planning activities are executed on a timely manner and in accordance with the Auditing Standards and Firm policies
- Takes responsibility and reviews over tailoring of work programs
- Takes responsibility over the selection of Engagement Team members and Engagement forecast and time lines
- Liaises with Client’s Management for smooth flow of audit work and ensures that good working relationship is maintained at all times
- Initiates and assists the Engagement Partner in performing risk assessments, establishing the audit objectives and setting the overall scope
- Ensures proper execution of Engagement plans by conducting timely review of work completed by Audit Engagement Team members, and discussing issues with appropriate Client personnel in a timely manner. In most cases, reviews should be conducted in the field
- Brings appropriate matters to the Engagement Partner's attention, including actions taken, notable information, and matters for the Engagement Partner's decision
- Informs the Engagement Partner promptly (during the audit and throughout the year) of Client developments and auditing or accounting problems requiring the Engagement Partner's action
- Monitors actual time charges against approved budget and initiates appropriate action to resolve any potential or actual problems
- Reviews drafts of Financial Statements and Audit reports for financial audits, and reports on findings and recommendations for other Engagement
- Ensures that job evaluations forms are accomplished for all members of the Engagement team and said evaluations are discussed with and acknowledge by the staff concerned and signed copies submitted to HR.
- As part of the Annual Performance Review process participates in higher-level group deliberations on the overall performance evaluation of Staff Assistants and In-charge
- Provides continuing mentoring to audit staff
- Acts as Program Leader in various in-house training and workshops
- Takes responsibility over timely billings and collection
- Education: University degree preferably in Auditing/ Accounting or business related fields
- Special license/certificate: Either holds a current and valid ACCA/CPA's certificate, or be working toward obtaining the certificates by taking and passing the applicable state ACCA/CPA exams
- Experience: Minimum 3 years
- Good comment in English
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Audit Manager)
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB.
- Deadline is 11 April 2020, Priority for first application
- Application & CV to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org