- Accountant, Tax, BPS
Business process solutions
Specialism / Function
Business process solutions
Grant Thornton Cambodia is an independent member within Grant Thornton International and a wholly foreign-owned company. Grant Thornton’s presence in Cambodia first started in 2004. A recent reorganisation incorporated the expertise of Grant Thornton Malaysia to expand the service lines to meet the increasing demand for quality audit and advisory services of local business and international investors in Cambodia.
Grant Thornton has offices in more than 140 countries worldwide and over 56,000 staff.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a high calibre talented professional to manage a Client portfolio and oversee the provision of the high quality for Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services.
As a member firm of one of the largest Professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton Cambodia continuously requires high calibre talented personnel to join our growing team.
Senior – Business process solutions
Experience and responsibilities:
The senior position is a part-time tax compliance and transfer pricing senior.
As a part-time senior in the Transfer Pricing (TP) team, you will be responsible in:
- Reading and describing at a high-level relevant government regulations (e.g., Prakas 986 & OECD guidelines). Also identifies which countries have documentation rules.
- Understanding and analysis of supply chains of a local/multinational group companies to support for the TP work, which may involve Advance Pricing Arrangements (“APA”) and Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) project implementation in relation to the Country-by-Country Report (“CbCR”) Rules recently issued by IRBM in December 2016
- A deep understanding on international regulations and application of TP. It is required to work hand-in-hand with other countries to understand and apply them in Cambodia context;
- A comprehensive understanding of various industries and business models from manufacturing, servicing to trading, R&D, etc.;
- A strong and solid knowledge on tax, finance, accounting, banking, statistics, economics and business principles to be able to analyse the companies;
- Soft skills on interview, communication and management, and presentation to conduct the work;
- Identification of reasonable client expectation on an Engagement including supporting its superiors in managing discussion with clients on the related issues.
- Preparing concise, grammatically correct, spell-checked, and fully formatted TP documentation, reports and memos using appropriate business and technical language.
- Ability to understand analysis made by other supporting offices who used applicable research databases, TP resources, and general Internet resources; ability to understand and interpret relevant research and comparable data (e.g., BvD, OSIRIS, TP Catalyst, Thomson Reuters, ktMINE, S&P, etc.). No actual analysis is required yet at this level.
- Identifying majority of issues raised by a client or our contact, and suggests solutions to Transfer Pricing project team before responding to client/our contact
- Identifying potential follow on TP work, to which clients’ work may apply and bring the opportunity to the attention of TP superiors
- Providing guidance to other team members on appropriate means of communication channels including shares communications with team members
- Able to travel to clients subject to the requirements of the work
- Has solid working experience in related field. For senior: minimum of 3 years of work experience with minimum of 1 year in TP work.
- Good adaptability in dynamic working environment
- Good team player and enjoy working collaboratively with people from variety of backgrounds.
- Assertive and active personality with a strong communication skill
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Strong in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) would be a plus
About the position:
- Location: Phnom Penh office
- Reports to BPS Managers / Partner
Contact for submission:
Please email us your CV and Cover Letter in English to the following email address by 25 October 2020
People & Culture Department
Senior - accountant and tax
- University degree; preferably in Accounting/ Finance or relevant fields.
- Should possess an international professional qualification such as CAT or ACCA student is a plus
- Holding a tax agent certificate from GDT is a plus
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong command of English, both writing and oral
- Good command of Chinese is a plus
- Good understand of CIFRS and Cambodian tax law.
- Strong knowledge in monthly and annual tax declaration (TOS, VAT, PPT, WHT and TOI)
- Proficient in the use of computers and related applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-activeness in seeking knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Be responsible for preparing and reviewing finance form (Purchase vouchers, payment vouchers, sale vouchers, receipt vouchers and journal vouchers, etc..)
- Be responsible for bookkeeping and able to use accounting system (QB, Peachtree and Xero)
- Be responsible for preparing payroll process and calculate tax on salary bases on tax law
- Be responsible for preparing fixed assets registered, prepayment & accrual schedule, and reconciliation
- Be responsible for reconciliation of bank balance, balance sheet and P&L items
- Ensure all accounting practices, financial & management reports are compliant with current Accounting laws and regulations
- Be able to develop the accounting policy and prepare financial manual
- Deals with ad hoc problems and provides guidance, instruction and/ or solutions to solve the problem
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisors and managers
- Implement the tax services assigned by supervisor/executives to complete of the services as followings:
- Internal tax audit, Tax risk management and Tax risk assessment
- Transaction Advisory Services including Due Diligence & Mentoring
- Be at client’s site for performance of work as necessary
- Update clients on job status, follow up with team members/clients on outstanding matters
- Dealing with tax auditor in relation to tax reassessment and tax compliance
- Assist in organisation of seminars/training
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisors and executives
Deadline for submission of CV: 12th November 2020
- CV and Cover letter
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application –Senior- accountant and tax).
- Application & CV to be sent to: email@example.com
(Successful applicants will be granted for test & interviews)